Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Baltimore: Leo Mazzone and Amelia

Upon our arrival in Baltimore, we decided to touch base with someone else who has made the 1,200 mile trek from Altanta to Baltimore . . . Leo Mazzone.



While Leo was in Atlanta last week, he helped with one of Rally Foundation's other fundraisers. Someone at the game must of told him about our bike ride, and I assume that he was really excited about the whole thing because he made us this sign :) Not sure if Leo has any specific advice for improving your cycling game, but motivational posters are pretty good if you ask me. Thanks Leo!

Tomorrow we are going to Sinai Children's Hospital. Amelia, a 6 yr old with Leukemia who was treated at the hospital, is going to show us around the hospital and help us pass out goodie bags. Afterwards we are going to have dinner with her and her family at Outback Steakhouse. Her dad said that she has a bike with training wheels that she is eager to show us. I remember when my bike had training wheels :)

~ Austin

2 comments:

mbh said...

I love Leo! That's awesome! I hope you're taking notes from his sign making skills to use in New York....

Anonymous said...

I am sure he can give you some good tips that will get you noticed by one of the NY morning shows! A good sign and the whale hats...how can you miss?!