Thursday, July 06, 2006

Baltimore: The Inner Harbor and the New Fall

Today we woke up and got ready for some Baltimore events. First we explored the inner harbor, seeing one amazing converted power plant, and handed out flyers to passers-by. Given the looks we got, I don't think people bike in that area very often, but maybe that's why Chester's bag of change got a little bit heavier. We didn't have much time, though, so after grabbing a quick lunch we headed to Sinai Hospital. We got to spend some time in the playroom where Austin sang the whale song, and the whale hats, as usual, were a big hit. After visiting some of the patients' rooms, we went with Amelia - the Baltimore Rally kid - and her family to their home. We spent an hour riding our bikes with Amelia and her brother Grayson. During that time, while turning in a circle, I fell. At about two miles per hour. Since I as going so slow, I was able to catch myself, avoiding injury to myself and damage to the gear. Austin started to fall in the same place about a minute later. We're still not sure why that happened. Anyway, after playing with Amelia and Grayson for a little bit longer, we headed to the Outback for dinner. The dinner was great, and the staff was great. After satiating ourselves, we headed back to check our route and our e-mail. Tomorrow we begin our ride to my hometown, Philadelphia.

~ Tom

No comments: