Monday, September 11, 2006

Finale(s)

So in the past two days, we've had two finales. Our first one was in Nashville, where we had a bunch of people show up at Outback to show their support for our cause. We raised a little more money, and we got to see Anthony, Gabe, and Amelia! They were a lot of fun - Anthony spent most of the time trying to creep up and scare me, Gabe ran around and showed off his somersaults, only stopping to hug everyone he met, and Amelia had fun when Austin picked her up to help her fly. It was a great event.

Then we headed to Atlanta. The Olsons threw us a big wrap-up party, inviting their neighbors and a bunch of other cancer families to welcome us. We ate a ton of food - there was barbecue, a huge cake, and a large assortment of other goodies. It was a lot of fun, but Austin and I looked at each other and realized we're still eating like we were when we were riding. Time to get back on the bikes!

~ Tom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom- I am impressed that you managed to fit the whole weekend into 2 paragraphs. And thanks for taking me around Vanderbilt!

Austin- Maybe in addition to your Top 10 list, you should post a Top 10 list of things you left at people's houses...perhaps they will find them and send them back to you. Thanks for taking me through Vanderbilt!

Hope you both are catching up on your sleep : ) I feel like after a lack of sleep and after all of the great food this weekend that I could probably hibernate through the winter...

Claire

Anonymous said...

I can't believe ya'll are finished! How does it feel to have ridden 5,000 miles this summer? I wish I could've been there in Nashville (and beleive me, if I were still in the country, I would have been!).
It seems like only yesterday I just me you guys and now you've acomplished something really meaningful and amazing.
So what's next?? I'm curious what the 2 famous bike riders are going to do next! Keep me posted.

Love from Australia,
Anne