Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Little Engine that Could


Today we're visiting St. Louis Children's Hospital, and we're going to get Jacob to help us hand our goodie bags to the other kids. His parents sent us his story, and I wanted to share it with all of you:

When Jacob was 2 he was diagnosed with a rare brain tumor, Choroid Plexus Carcinoma. The tumor was 10cm in diameter; about the size of a grapefruit. Jacob underwent an intensive brain surgery only to remove 90% of the tumor. After several rounds of chemotherapy the tumor shrank enough for total resection in June 2005. Last fall Jacob had a bone marrow transplant and is currently tumor and cancer free!

Jacob's favorite line is "I think I can." We can't wait to meet him today - The Little Engine That Could!

~ Austin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With only a few cities left "I think I can" seems like a good motto! I just wanted to let you know that all my new friends Down Under wish you the best and we're thinking about you all the way around the world!

Rock on,
Anne

Anonymous said...

I really truly admire what you guys are doing. I was just checking in on your blog. I wasn't sure if you were still on your treck and pleasantly surprised to see that you are. I'm inspired by what you are doing and what it's all about. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Austin said...

thanks guys!