Sunday, July 30, 2006

Greasy 'Stache

Just cleaned out the car, organized our granola bars . . . and degreased the bikes, after which we realized that bike grease does wonders for man's upper lip:


Nick had the idea, but Tom wasn't man enough to try. Perhaps he was intimidated by the thought of having your sniffer so close to such strong chemicals. Perhaps I was just a little too stupid to think better of it. So with my greasy 'stache in place, we mounted up and pedaled on:


A few miles later, some folks flagged us down to donate. We stopped and accepted. I then explained our mission, completely forgetting about my faux facial hair. Me and my greasy 'stache were just ramblin' on. Nick and Tom got a kick out of it - making fun of me relentlessly afterward, "Those people probably thought you were nuts!"

Whatever . . . I bet they thought it was real.

~ Austin

No comments: